Skip to main content

My Mitch

Dear Mitch,
As I watch it snow I realize this will be the last time I watch this without you being here. Tomorrow is the last time I go to work without knowing your face. Friday is the last day I will get out of bed without you. I'm so excited to meet you my little man. 

I have so much I want to share with you and my heart is so full, ready to love you. You see, I've always wanted a son. I feel a bond between a mother and son is unbreakable. 

Your sister taught me how to love unconditionally but I believe you will continue that journey in my heart. 

I want to give you sage advice about life and tell you something really remarkable but to be honest all I want to do is love you. If I do that right then I feel everything else in your life with make sense and have more meaning. I read this quote that said "men are what their mothers made them". No pressure right? Although I have a feeling you'll be more of the teacher and I will learn so much from you. 

So for the last time without you by my side let me say I can't wait to meet you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That's a Real Baby!

Darren and I got to see our little baby this week! He/she is measuring 13 weeks and 1 day and everything looked healthy. This picture cracks me up because the baby looks like it's pouting because we woke it up.  We did though, the tech was pushing on my belly like I do when I'm trying to get into pair of jeans that are too small!  Baby Hawk wouldn't move! Enter the Kashi cereal bar.  I hadn't eaten in nearly 4 hours (the appointment was VERY long) so I ate my Kashi bar that I always keep in my purse for ultrasound emergencies. BOOM, baby Hawk was wiggling and sucking and even looked like he/she was sucking it's thumb! Yes, this is indeed my baby, I go nuts for food too! I do think the profile looks like Darren though. Darren makes this cute pouty face when he's being funny.  So, the mystery is solved, this is Darren's baby. Whew, we were wondering. I'm totally kidding people! This picture is sort of creepy to me but I must share my 3-D picture. I...

To Stella

I thought it would be fun to write a letter to you before I met you. We could read it together later and laugh about how clueless I was about you! Dear Stella, It's Christmas 2011 and I honestly haven't thought at all about the holiday this year.  All I can think about is March, when I get to meet you for the first time.  Your Dad and I went to the hospital this week to check out where you would be born! I thought for sure going to the hospital would make me anxious but instead it made me incredibly excited. What a gift it is to bring someone into the world and because of you I get to experience that.  You have no idea how much you were prayed for, wanted, hoped for, for so many years. I always knew I wanted to be a mother, even back in high school when I worked in a toy store and joked about getting my tubes tied. :-) But, when I found out about YOU I couldn't have been happier.  I remember standing in the bathroom completely convinced that I had willed ...

Mother's Day Commercials

Is it just me or are Mother's Day commercials this year particularly heartwarming. Publix I love this grocery store but the commercials are my favorite. This year's is no exception. P&G I love Pampers as I mentioned before, I also love Tide. :-) I love how they weave the products in BUT it's so emotional and so true.  JC Penny This is actually old but I found it on YouTube I had to include it since most of us are young Moms. (Young fits anyone under the age of 60 by the way) :-) If you aren't crying you are dead inside.