Skip to main content

Saturday Number 17, 18 and 19

Saturday 17
You have decided to take 1 good nap a day on the weekends. I'm pretty sure you do this at daycare too but I'm not there to worry about it like I do on the weekends.

My birthday was the following Monday so you're Daddy took me out to dinner and to listen to some live music. We had the best time.  You stayed at home with Nana and Pappa Chicho and slept until 4AM!

Saturday 18
Today you turned 4 months old. I took your monthly picture like I always do. I have to remember to shut the blinds, it's a little weird on the lighting side but it counts and you were super happy!

We went to the grocery store to buy food for Nana's birthday lunch. You did really well in the cart, you even carried the ice cream cake (okay I put it on you but you didn't seem to mind)

On Sunday we put you in this little dog outfit because Nana has a dog just like it.


Nana was making you laugh
Saturday 19
For our anniversary your Daddy got me a video camera. I took several videos of you today.
I captured you waking up (terrible quality, I have to figure out how to turn a light on)


You had your first cereal this morning and didn't even spit it out! You can tell Daddy and I are super excited about this event and are watching you like some science experiment. I promise we do get out in public occasionally. (this is 3 minutes....can you tell we're first time parents?)

Comments

  1. Dude - she did awesome with her first cereal!! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like she is dancing in the red outfit pic!! I love it.

    I LOVE THE VIDEO!! There can never be too many videos/pictures for those of who have never met Stella to see!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That's a Real Baby!

Darren and I got to see our little baby this week! He/she is measuring 13 weeks and 1 day and everything looked healthy. This picture cracks me up because the baby looks like it's pouting because we woke it up.  We did though, the tech was pushing on my belly like I do when I'm trying to get into pair of jeans that are too small!  Baby Hawk wouldn't move! Enter the Kashi cereal bar.  I hadn't eaten in nearly 4 hours (the appointment was VERY long) so I ate my Kashi bar that I always keep in my purse for ultrasound emergencies. BOOM, baby Hawk was wiggling and sucking and even looked like he/she was sucking it's thumb! Yes, this is indeed my baby, I go nuts for food too! I do think the profile looks like Darren though. Darren makes this cute pouty face when he's being funny.  So, the mystery is solved, this is Darren's baby. Whew, we were wondering. I'm totally kidding people! This picture is sort of creepy to me but I must share my 3-D picture. I...

From Doer to Leader, 5 Tips to Make the Transition

You did it! You got the promotion and now manage a team. It doesn't matter if it's a team of 1 or 100 your skill set must shift from doer to leader. While many a doer get promoted, few take on the actual characteristics of a leader. Instead they stay in doer mode causing frustration, resentment and turnover in their organization. This is what I refer to as "death by doer." Killing all hope, creativity and productivity of a team. Don't become the grim reaper of your team. Instead adopt these simple behaviors to ignite passion in your group and share your doer gifts. Stop doing and starting teaching Why were you such a successful doer? Because you thought differently than your peers. It's time to share that thinking with your team. As a leader it's your job to teach your team how to think, not what to think. Many a leader get caught up in micromanaging tasks. They believe there is only one way to accomplish a task and it's theirs. This is the u...

To Stella

I thought it would be fun to write a letter to you before I met you. We could read it together later and laugh about how clueless I was about you! Dear Stella, It's Christmas 2011 and I honestly haven't thought at all about the holiday this year.  All I can think about is March, when I get to meet you for the first time.  Your Dad and I went to the hospital this week to check out where you would be born! I thought for sure going to the hospital would make me anxious but instead it made me incredibly excited. What a gift it is to bring someone into the world and because of you I get to experience that.  You have no idea how much you were prayed for, wanted, hoped for, for so many years. I always knew I wanted to be a mother, even back in high school when I worked in a toy store and joked about getting my tubes tied. :-) But, when I found out about YOU I couldn't have been happier.  I remember standing in the bathroom completely convinced that I had willed ...