Skip to main content

I lived

Stella and Mitch,
It's been a rough few months where everything has been tested in my life. I have learned so much about myself, what I'm made of and how much I can take. This time has taught me
- feeling pain is important. It makes you stronger and better in the long run. When you feel pain please lean into it. For there is where you'll know true joy when you find it. 
- have hard conversations NOW! Telling others how you feel and what you expect makes everyone happier. Whatever you imagine in your head is always worse than the actual conversation. 
-your father has taught me so much about love and without his support, guidance and amazing giving heart I would not have persevered. Find a help mate, hold them tight, because a true partner in life is where magic happens
-love each other. A sibling is probably the coolest relative you'll ever have. They are the only ones in the world that will know you the best because they saw you grow into it. 
-Breathe, feel your actual breath move in and out, feel your pulse. Do you hear that? That's the person in control. 😉

Don't run from uncomfortable. You can't eat it away, drink it away, snort it away or inject it away. Feel it. Trust me, this is the key to learning who you are and the greatness that you are destined for. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That's a Real Baby!

Darren and I got to see our little baby this week! He/she is measuring 13 weeks and 1 day and everything looked healthy. This picture cracks me up because the baby looks like it's pouting because we woke it up.  We did though, the tech was pushing on my belly like I do when I'm trying to get into pair of jeans that are too small!  Baby Hawk wouldn't move! Enter the Kashi cereal bar.  I hadn't eaten in nearly 4 hours (the appointment was VERY long) so I ate my Kashi bar that I always keep in my purse for ultrasound emergencies. BOOM, baby Hawk was wiggling and sucking and even looked like he/she was sucking it's thumb! Yes, this is indeed my baby, I go nuts for food too! I do think the profile looks like Darren though. Darren makes this cute pouty face when he's being funny.  So, the mystery is solved, this is Darren's baby. Whew, we were wondering. I'm totally kidding people! This picture is sort of creepy to me but I must share my 3-D picture. I...

To Stella

I thought it would be fun to write a letter to you before I met you. We could read it together later and laugh about how clueless I was about you! Dear Stella, It's Christmas 2011 and I honestly haven't thought at all about the holiday this year.  All I can think about is March, when I get to meet you for the first time.  Your Dad and I went to the hospital this week to check out where you would be born! I thought for sure going to the hospital would make me anxious but instead it made me incredibly excited. What a gift it is to bring someone into the world and because of you I get to experience that.  You have no idea how much you were prayed for, wanted, hoped for, for so many years. I always knew I wanted to be a mother, even back in high school when I worked in a toy store and joked about getting my tubes tied. :-) But, when I found out about YOU I couldn't have been happier.  I remember standing in the bathroom completely convinced that I had willed ...

Mother's Day Commercials

Is it just me or are Mother's Day commercials this year particularly heartwarming. Publix I love this grocery store but the commercials are my favorite. This year's is no exception. P&G I love Pampers as I mentioned before, I also love Tide. :-) I love how they weave the products in BUT it's so emotional and so true.  JC Penny This is actually old but I found it on YouTube I had to include it since most of us are young Moms. (Young fits anyone under the age of 60 by the way) :-) If you aren't crying you are dead inside.